Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Elder Jansen Hall - December 10, 2013

Hey Yall!

So this week Ive heard that its freezin all around the United States. Well its no different here. Its been cold, and windy just like always, and the past couple days really rainy as well! But hey cant complain cuz I guess it could be snowin and then everyone here would freak out like its the end of the world and crash there cars and t town would blow up haha so ill stick with the rain.:) Did I ever tell yall how bad Bama drivers are?

Merry Christmas! Haha my lovely humble charley brown tree:)

This week has been full of funny, good, sad, moments. Well start off with Tuesday. We headed out of our apt and started bikin down our hill. Well Elder Bean was infront of me and he crossed the road. I saw a car and it was comin, it wasnt to terribly close, but I wanted to hurry up so as to not get in its way. So i took about 2-3 pedals and then my foot slipped..... Well it hit the ground, and that knocked me off my seat onto the bar of my bike, then i guess i hit the breaks cuz all of the sudden i flipped over my handle bars, smaked my head on the cement, and then did another flip and rolled over by the curb. It was so fast i didnt even know what had happened. My comp saw a little bit of it, but it felt like one moment i was on my bike and the next I was layin on the ground next to the curb with my pride shot down the floor and my body in pain hahah I wasnt gonna get up until I heard the car slam on its breaks and it was a lady inside she was horrified haha so i got up painfully and told her everything was ok and she left. So thats the sad story of the week.

The rest of the day went better. We went to the stores because thats where everyone was an we were able to talk with people. That night I interviewed another man for baptism! Our district is amazing right now!

The next day Elder Bean was sick so we stayed in most the day.... It was the first time either me or my comp has been so sick we've had to stay in. But I was able to stay busy and keep myself productive! On Thursday we had zone trainin. It was a great meetin where we learned about how to incorparate the message of Christmas into our teachin. Then after that we started our exchange with some elders in my district Elder Mckinnon was with me in North Port and Elder Bean went down to Demopolis. We were gonna exchange til today because of how long the drive was and we dont wanna waste there miles. So this was the only way to do it. That brings us to Friday. The whole day it was pourin rain. Then Saturday was super cold and windy! We were able to go to see the Lavatai family again. It was the daughters b day party so we told them we would come. It was so much fun we got to play volleyball and eat a ton of food! haha we actually have heard that they talk about us as missionaries alot which is a good thing! I know that as we are friends and real people instead of baptizin robots then we will see a lot of success! Then we met with the ward mission leader, Bro Posey, He is awesome! Then we went to Mattius baptism. Thats the man that i interviewd. Right before it started President Hanks showed up and watched the whole thing. It was great! Then president took us out for ice cream. He is the greatest guy! He really does take care of his missionaries really well! And he is a great example!

That brings us to Sunday. It was a great day at church and we were able to go to the Christmas brodcast! Earlier in the week I called Bob, he is the one that lived in Utah and was basically a mormon but hasnt been baptized he saw us while we were ridin our bikes? I dont know if yall remember him, but I figured I would call him and invite him to the Chirstmas devotional. Well our ride there made us late but we walked in and there he was sittin by himself!!! I couldnt believe that he actually came! He sat through the whole things, then one of the members in our ward afterwards got talkin to him for a while. They are gonna go out to lunch in later weeks. But this was my first sign or hope of any success that ive seen since ive been here in North Port. Its not really big or anything but it made me so happy to know that something as little as a phone call and invite could help someone, and that he actaually came! He also invited us over to his house to eat and watch mo-tab with him next week! Again, he said he doesnt wanna be converted, but I know as we are friends with him and care about him the spirit will be the one to convert him. I cant wait to see how it turns out!

Well im doin great here in Bama land. Dont have to much time to email today, but hope that yall are havin a happy holiday season! I know that only a few people were able to witness Christs birth the first time He came into this world, but this 2nd time every nation, kindred and toungue will see Him. How will we usher him in? Will we be sittin back in our "Mansions above" or will we be out workin the the vineyard and helpin the Lord with his great and marvolous latter day work? Its your choice! I love yall so much! Have a great week! And remember, especially this time of year to Be Happy!:) Notice all the little blessins around ya!


Love Elder Hall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment