Thursday, May 7, 2015

5/4/2015 Elder Hunter Jackman

Dear Family,

Is it really the end of the transfer already?? You bet it is... And moves calls have come. I'm staying as a Zone Leader in Poole and training another new Zone Leader. His named is Elder Rammell from Rexburg, Idaho. A farm boy! I haven't met him yet, but will on Wednesday. I just got done driving all the way across the south of England. Woke up at 5 to drop off some elders at the temple and now we just got back to Poole. So, it's been a pretty hectic/tiring day. But not too bad! 
Elder Trowbridge is off to Crawley and he will go home this transfer coming, it was so great to serve with him though! We killed it this transfer and taught some high numbers and saw a lot of miracles! Excited to see what next transfer brings!

P-Days here are fun. We play beach volleyball with some of the districts in Bournemouth and some other beach sports. Sooo fun! It reminds me of Oceanside, CA! Love hanging out with the missionaries over here!

We taught sooo many people this week. We have been teaching highest in the mission I believe so far. Our zone is on fire!! Great things are happening. This week, we found and taught our new investigator Ryan. He was found as we went knocking and met his brother Lee, who was super cool, but ended up not being all that into it. But days later, he texts us and says, ' Hey, my brother might be interested!' So we ended up seeing him! It was a great miracle.
We taught Ryan at his flat in Poole Town Centre and he lives in a ghetto kind of boarding school with some troubled chaps who are quite young. But we entered his flat and the Spirit was there. Ryan is a new Christian just trying to seek the good in all t things and be the best he can.
We taught him the Restoration of the gospel and the Spirit was swelling around in the room. It was amazing. The best part was looking into his eyes and that feeling you get when you just know they understand the message of truth. It clicks with their souls. They realise they found something they knew was missing all a long. Incredible experience kneeling down with him in his flat and hearing him ask if the Book of Mormon was the word of God and if the message was true, and then him opening his eyes and nodding yes and smiling from ear to ear.
Tears welled up in my eyes as I watched him and this is what missionary work is all about. Those are my favourite moments right there. Finding someone who has no concept really of truth or the purpose of life and unfolding it unto him in such a way that he knows undoubtedly that it is true.
Ah, I love missionary work with a passion! Though I'm not the best or perfect, I can tell when I'm nearly there, and that's when you can feel the Spirit the strongest.

So, our mission is getting iPads this coming week! Whoo! I am not too keen on them, but they should be great tools. Elder Patrick Kearon and Elder Nielsen came to our mission and trained us as a whole entire mission on how to use them righteously. I got a TON of insights from it on how when I return home, can continue to live with and return with honour. What powerul men of God they are!

So, our investigators all have baptismal dates Ryan the 23rd of May and Cindy the 30th of May - Please pray urgently for them to make these dates! I know they will. They are sooo Solid! Very prepared people.

We did a ton of knocking again this week, in the rain too. We are working in little villages where we have never really been before. Such an English area! It is proper British over here in Dorset, nothing like Peckham London (which I very dearly miss!!) 
I love eating the British dishes here: Shepherds pie, cottage pie, and tons of roast dinners with custard and truffles and other sorts! 


Well we have a busy busy week. Stake Correlation, zone planning. MLC, and moves in Staines. So tons of driving here and planning and all sorts of paperwork. Wish me luck!
I love you all so much. Thank you for all you do to help me.

Love,

Elder Jackman

No comments:

Post a Comment