Monday, December 29, 2014

Elder Jackman 12/29/2014

Dear Family,
Well it was an amazing week in London - a great Christmas! My most memorable one by far! This week flew by yet again. Time is speeding up I swear!! Lots of meetings from Zone P-Days (Minute to Win it!) temple trips, tons of Christmas meals and visits, Skyping!, baptisms, and fufu.
The greatest thing was going through the London Temple with Lewis Mancer, my convert in Brighton, to recieve his endowment! That was a truly remarkable moment! It was such a great opportunity - to be dressed in white with him, and my trainer, Elder Stephan in the temple. Such a wonderful blessing! He is happy and well. We went to dinner after too and had a good time again after like the old times in B-Town!!
Skyping was truly such a blessing. So nice to see you all!! You all have truly grown up - I was blown away at how much you changed (appearances, and goodness) At first, after ending the call, it really made me miss home... But I got over it and decided to work even harder for my family. D&C 31 was a very comforting scripture.
Christmas was crazy!! The weather is mega cold now in England - one of the coldest winters in London on record!
 
For dinner and lunch, we had African food - Jeloff rice, agusi soup, casava fufu, and cow stomach and throat. They had mercy on us and also cooked us some turkey haha. My stomach still is recooperating - on Saturday we went to a Nigerian members home and he taught us how to make Fufu - you have to stir it in a huge pot with a huge wooden stick and its like a wrestling match!! Hard stuff! Also, extrememly spicy with ocra soup!!!!!
The Wandsworth Zone is doing great!! Our missionaries are doing well - a big tansfer, so there are a lot of moves. I am staying in Peckham with the same companion, who I love! That'll make 3 transfers together, and 6 months in London! And many more months to come!
On Christmas we wrapped up Book of Mormons and gave them out to people on the streets as presents along with a 'He is the Gift' card! You should have seen people's faces just light up! The people were a lot more open to the gospel message!
I am loving my mission - every day and every second! Thank you all SO much for all the gifts/money. It is well appreciated. I love you all so so much and miss you dearly. Have a great and HAPPY week!! Remember, our purpose in life, is to have JOY, no matter the circumstances!
Love,
Elder Jackman 

No comments:

Post a Comment