Tuesday, December 9, 2014


Hey Family!!
This week was good. I am doing well with my companion. We are focusing a lot on finding new investigators. I had a mini heart attack this week because I have been worrying so much in the people we are teaching. Here during this time of year, a lot of people are open to listen about Christ. But also almost everyone is just "too busy" to listen, accept us to come by, to pray, to read, its kinda frustrating me a lot!! But we are working to find new people. Satan has also been working very hard with the recent converts in this ward. and with some of the investigatores that have been progressing, both of the sisters, and ours. We have a big war we are going up against, which means we have to step it up even more. I am doing all I possibly can to be the best missionary I can be, and to give everything I have. I am gaining stronger testimonies of faith each and every day. 
Also we have been focusing a lot on helping out each member of the zone. President is always teaching us that we should never let behind the weaker missionaries. It is very true. We are trying to help them, by going on visits with their investigators, contacting in their areas, fasting for them, and anything that we can think of. But that means a little less time that we can spend here in our area, but its okay. This type of stuff, staying very busy is helping out my companion a lot, to have more desires to work hard, and i am very thankfull for that!! I have been praying for a lot of help, so that we can find people that are truly ready to hear the gospel. Because president is stressing us a lot that we have to be putting the example for the zone, and we HAVE to start baptizing each week. I feel a big load, but I know that if we can be obedient, and diligent the Lord will help us. 
Angeles who got baptized about 2 weeks ago, has been going through a lot of trials. Her sister stopped talking to her, because she got baptized, she hasnt been able to get work off, and so yesterday, after 2 WEEKS she got confirmed the Holy Ghost. But thank heavens she was able to come, because she came straight from a full night shift. But she said that she has really wanted to come, but her boss hasnt let her get off. But that she is going to try and talk to him, so that she can rest saturday in the nights, to come to church not so tired. 
We got a christmas tree in the house, and santa hats, and lights and orniments for the tree. It is pretty fun!! . 
I had a few different experiences this week giving priesthood blessings. I really love and am thankfull for the priesthood, and the ability to use it. I was blessed to be able to give a blessing to a 1 and a half year old girl yesterday after the church services, that is sick and not able to use her legs. I felt a little part of the love that God has for her. Especially being a little child, innocent. Before the blessing i asked the mom what the little girls name was and as i approached the little girl she grabbed my finger, and held it tight, I sat there for about 30 seconds with her holding onto my finger with her tiny hand and I just felt so much love.
I am learning a lot. And I am happy, I can't not be, I am a missionary!! :) Thanks for all your support. I really love you all so very much!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful week!!! 
I Love you!!!
Elder Allison  

No comments:

Post a Comment