Monday, March 30, 2015

Brad's email 3-30

Hey Everybody!! 

Another excellent week! We have been doing TONS of service this week, but we were doing it for members for the first part of the week... I mean we love to do it but we would be more successful if we did it with non members. So when I was at home one of the evenings for dinner I decided to pray for new ways to find investigators. After I had prayed I just laid on the floor and just closed my eyes and I cleared my mind and all of a sudden I got this AWESOME thought. My thoughts... " I love doing service but I would rather do it for a non member but we have tracted this area every other week and no success... so if our version of tracting doesn't work then we need a new plan.  We have a truck... how can we use it."  Then the super clear thought jumps into my MIND!! " Service tracting!! We can put lawn mowers in the back of our truck and a weed eater and we can go door to door and ask if we can mow and trim their lawn and we will take the trimmings!" So we decided to try it!  Elder Patterson and I are both stoked to try it. So on Saturday we got 2 push mowers and a weed eater and we went to 10 different houses and 4 of them let us do it and the rest didn't, but out of the 4 that let us do it we got 3 new investigators out of it and we are actually starting the discussions with one of them and their family tomorrow! So inspiration comes to those who seek for it.  Know that trusting in the Lord and knowing with fervent prayer and faith He will give it to whoever needs it and seeks for it. If I hadn't prayed for a new idea and way to help people we would not have had those 3 new investigators!  It works!! 

Elder Patterson and I had an appointment with a PMF (Part Member Family) and the wife isn't a member and we had committed her to baptism for Feb 28th, but it didn't happen. The husband got his name removed form the church and then re-baptized, so right now he doesn't have the priesthood and to regain that it would be about a year and a half process. He wanted to do the baptism and he couldn't so he said he doesn't want to proceed with it. But he still wanted is to go over the discussions with them. Yesterday we had a discussion with them and we have been praying that his heart would be softened and she would be able to be baptized. So yesterday he said to us... "I want her to be baptized as soon as she can cause if now is when she wants it then now is when we should do it".   We set a date for the weekend after gen. conference. SO that was a HUGE miracle! We have been praying for her to have an influence on her husband and she has! God knows how to change somebody's heart as quickly as he has too! 

So yah! its been a good week! Oh and there is a new video that the church has made! It's another Easter Video! So I invite and challenge everyone to watch and share it on facebook!  http://www.mormon.org/easter it is such a good video on Christ and that he still lives!!

Well that is about it! Have a great Easter!!

Love Elder Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment