Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Brad Riley's week

Hello to Everyone!

Well this week was a good week but I was hoping to end it with watching general conference and things did not go the way I wanted. On Saturday Elder Heninger and I got a call to go do service and so we had to go and help this newly married couple move into there house and they moved into this huge house I think it was 6,700 square feet! They had a lot of stuff! I think they had 2 R.C Willies trucks there with all brand new stuff, furniture and appliances it was crazy! So we didn't get to hear the conference talks all of Saturday, and then on Sunday we got out our note taking stuff and we got all ready and right as I sit down, I get a phone call from another elder that was asking for help with this ladies car that stopped working so he came and picked me up and we started working on this car I'm used to having the shop at our house and all the tools in the world there! so when I get to this ladies house and I look at the problem and trying to figure out the best way to work on it and I found a way that would be the most efficient way to work and we didn't have the right tools! So it was a little frustrating having like only so much tools to work with and have to try different strategies to see what would work and so all of Sunday I was working on this car. I didn't get to listen or watch conference so that was a bummer because everyone that got to watch it said it was such a good one and it was the best one that they had seen so I missed out, but thank goodness for the internet ha ha now I get to watch it! 

The work right now is kinda slow and I wish that it would pick up but it gets dark here alot earlier and people don't want to let people in when its dark so its kinda tuff.  Also the fact that Elder Heninger keeps getting flat tires! haha I have only had 1 (knock on wood) so that's good but its nice being in a biking area because people can get our attention that are on the street and if we were in a car they probably would have a harder time seeing us!

For example:
Elder Heninger and I were riding our bikes down 12th Avenue and this guy yells across the street and wants us to come over! So we walk our bike across the road to see what this man wants and as we get closer we get a better look at him, and we was a bigger man and had piercings and had looked like he had seen better days! So I was thinking "Oh great what does he want to argue about" but when we got to him he held out his hand and said "hello my name is Frank and I just moved here from Las Vegas"  he then continued to tell us his story! He says he is a member of the church and that he fell away. He told us he wants to change and to turn his life back around he said he is in debt and he moved back to Idaho because he has  a house here and it is all paid off so he kicked his renters out and since these people haven't been paying the rent for about 5 months so he moved in and felt like his life was going nowhere.  He isn't married and he has no kids and his life feels like its dying! He told us he wanted to start having the lessons again and unfortunately he isn't in our area but we know the elders that are! We gave him their number! The good things is he is always at Wal-Mart and we see him every P day! So it's nice to be able to see the progress in his life and he looks happier and happier every time we see him! 
If we weren't on our bikes he would have never seen us and he would have never got the information that he needed! So I am grateful that I am on a bike! 

Okay so at our house we have this statue of a butler and his name is JT and he is awesome.  He is always holding my suit coat and he is strait up chill! haha but its fun to mess around with him a little! haha

I'm really happy with the work that I have been able to do and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't talk about my amazing family!

 
I miss everybody so much and I am thankful for all that you have done for me!

Love Elder Riley
 
JT, the butler
 

No comments:

Post a Comment