Monday, October 14, 2013

Elder Jansen Hall - October 14, 2013

Hey Yall!

This week has been so busy, fun, sad, happy and everywhere in between! Probably the biggest news of this week is that im gonna be gettin transferred. Now there is a story for this which I will tell later on in the letter. But this week has been full. The weather down here is still nice. Its started to get back up into the 80's, which is still a little hotter then I would like. It is hotter the further south you go in Alabama, so maybe if I get moved up north it will be cooler, Well see. So transfers will be on Wednesday and ill email yall after we get the news and I get into my new area. And like it says in the title. Im gonna miss Highland Home a ton. I have said a lot of goodbyes. Now im ready to move on to the next exciting adventure that awaits. Thats one thing ive learned about a mission is that there is always change. It better to just enjoy the moment, whether good or bad, then roll with the change and make the best of it, cuz there are more people waiting for you to help them and they can help you. So im also excited:)


Now onto my crazy week! On Monday it was nice and relaxing as usual. Which reminds me. Im not gonna have nearly as much time emailing as I do now. Just for future reference, if yall write me and I dont write back a response as big as they have been, I still love you just as much, I just wont have a lot of time. But we had our family night. More and more people are startin to come. And I have started a tradition now. I brought UNO the card game a few weeks back. Well some people didnt know how to play and others needed a refreshment on how the game went. So we started playin and man, little did I know everyone would love it so much. Plus I would add more emotion to get everyone excited about the game and into it. Well now everyone asks, " Are we gonna play UNO at FHE?" Haha funny how big it got. So now thats what we do. But everyone is enjoying it so much! On Tuesday we had a zone training up in Montgomery. That went so well! I love those meetins cuz they get you excited and re motivated about the work! After that meetin we shopped and went back to have our bible study. We are now studying about the Sermon on the Mount. It was weird, I was tryin to think of a little activity or something to get the people involved with the lesson. Well in Matt chap 5, it talks about the salt of the earth and how we should not mix it or else it will lose its savor. Well I thought of the idea to put some salt in the sacrament cups. Then pass them out to everyone. When we would start talking about that I would go around and mix either coke, or hot cocoa mix into there salt. Then I asked them if they didnt have any other salt in the house and it was Sunday so they couldnt go buy any and they wanted to make cookies and thats the only salt they had left would they use it. Well obviously not. And we had a good discussion on that. Its amazing how the spirit can work with us and tell us what we can do. We just need to make sure we are praying and listening.

The next event of the week was interviews with President Hanks. This was on Wednesday. So we went back up to Montgomery again and had them. Can I just say that President Hanks is one of my heroes. He has taught me so much and loves all the missionaries like crazy! My interview went so well! Well right after the first part haha.... I walked in and sat down. After a prayer He asked me, "How ya likin Highland Home?" I said, "O its great i love it down there!" He said, "Good cuz your leavin!" Haha and that is how I found out I was gonna be transferred. We did talk about it a little more, and im glad he brought it up because I had a week to say goodbye to everyone instead of the usual 1 or 2 days. The interview was so great though. We talked about a ton of things that I really cant mention in the email, but he told me things that will change my mission and my life! 

The rest of the week has been super busy tryin to see everyone, and saying goodbye! Its been a fast and slow week. But we have been able not only to see a lot of people, but to teach them and help them as well! That brings us to the end of the week. On Saturday we were able to help the Greenville sisters with a baptism. There was a man named Justin, and a little girl named Raina. Which turns out that I had taught Raina and talked to her about baptism so it was so cool to see the sisters teach her and get her ready for it. Well no one from the branch presidency in Greenville was gonna be there. So the branch president asked me to preside and conduct. It was a great service! On Saturday night and Sunday we had stake conference. It was so great! We had an awesome conference up there! We had the temple president, stake patriarch, president and sister Hanks, and the stake presidency all give talks! One of my favorite was on patience with others. The man based the talk on one of Elder Uchtdorf's talks. One thing that really stuck out to me is that he said when people to things that bug us, or they sin and that makes us mad, we need to re think. He said some people are under a lot of pressure and temptation. Sometimes they do things that they think are normal and just a natural reaction. What ever it may be we need to separate the action or sin from the person. They are 2 totally different things. Which I had never thought about it like that before. It opened up my eyes. Before we go around blaming others we need to look at maybe why they did it, and see things from there point of view. Something that i've learned the past 2 transfers with Elder Hodge, and both our difficulties, is that instead of blaming others for what they have done maybe ask forgiveness for something you did. Thats something that I started doing with Elder Hodge. When I would get frustrated at him, instead of blaming him, or asking him to stop doing something, I would ask forgiveness for something I did wrong at that moment. I have come to figure out that its a good way to get ride of contention, because then he would apologize and ask for my forgiveness. Its something I have struggled with the past year and a half, but I feel like im over coming anger, bad thoughts, jealousy with this process. And its something ive come to get better at, as well as just being happy. 

I cant wait til next week to tell yall about my new adventures. I hope that yall have a great week! I hope yall know I love yall! Be Happy:)


Love Elder Hall:D

No comments:

Post a Comment