Monday, November 4, 2013

Elder Jansen Hall - November 4, 2013

Hey Yall!

This week has been a super fast week! Its been full of many different experiences. The weather is chilly now in the mornin and night, and not to hot durin the day. But im lovin this weather! haha everyone says they are freezin and I just tell them, Yall dont even know haha. But this week Alabama had a bye so everyone was home and not doin to much haha. Football down here really is a religion. For stake conference next week, they planned the whole thing around the game. It gets pretty crazy!

We all got our faces painted at the Trunk or Treat!


But the beggining of this week started out with exchanges. Its weird cuz ive never had to do exchanges with anyone in my district cuz all its been is sisters. Now we have a couple elders so we have to do that. But I was here in North Port with Elder McKinnon and Elder Bean went down just south of us. Well Ive been tryin to think of how I could improve the area and make things effective. We have a map, but it wasnt that good. So we updated the map with pins where people lived, what there names were, there address and if they were active or less active. That took forever but itll help a ton with seein where people are!

On Wednesday we had district meetin and I have come up with 10 steps on how to improve yourself, out of my favorite chapter in preach my gospel, Chap 7.. Learn the language. haha there are so many good things in that chapt. I will have to tell yall the 10 steps next week cuz i forgot to bring preach my gospel with me today haha. But with our district we came up with another culture. And with everyones ideas, i came up with another acronym.
Happy
One baptism
Work

Fearless Faithful Family
Unified
No one left behind

We want to be happy and work hard. We want to be unified and be a fearless faithful family. We dont want to leave anyone behind, wether that be investiagtors, LA, Members, or other missionaries, and we want to find the "ONE" and baptize. Our district is so amazin! I have done so many baptismal interviews. This transfers we have had 6 or 7 baptisms. Everyone is just so happy and focused on the work. We know How to have Fun, or thats How we have Fun haha:)

We had a branch Trunk or Treat. That went really well. nd on Halloween we had nothin to do. Well the sisters were gonna go to a party and said we could come to. Well I really didnt want that many misssionaries there so I said no thanks we will find somethin to do. Well my comp got a little mad. It was rainin we were on our bikes with nothin to do. He obviously wasnt gonna help me now. So I just thought about anything. Well the thought popped into my mind about callin this certian member and askin if we could come over. We called and he said yes. We went over and went trick or treatin with them. They drove around on with a trailor. We just acted like normal people, there were even some non members there. So if anything it was good to show them that missionaries arent wierd but normal people haha turned out to be a great night and a lot better then just sittin at home:) I love when Heavenly Father helps us out!

This is my face with my 1990's hair cut. Haha i went to a black barber and he messed up. Thats ok cuz people say i look like Joey from friends haaha:)

We have also tracted a ton. Now let me make one thing clear. I dont like tractin. I feel like there is always somethin better to do. But I have realized, when you have nothin to do, tractin is what you gotta do. So we have been doin it. Well the first week and a half we were doin the same old borin and mono tone approch of We are missionaries with a message for you. Or somethin close to that. Well I was thinkin of how we could make it fun and challenging. So I took out a Family Proclamation and the next door said, "Hi we are just goin around sharin a message about families and how to strengthen them. Would you like this paper that talks about it?" That way we at least give them something, then they can slam the door in our face haha:) But it works. We have now done it with those, alot of the pamphlets about the lessons in preach my gospel, and mormon.org cards. We have our number on them so they can call. Its the best rejection we will ever get!:) haha but that way it makes it fun for me and challenging tryin to pass out all the stuff! We are gonna go throw back with it and set goals on how many Books of Mormon, Book of Mormons we can pass out in a week! Thatll be fun!

But Last thing is we are gonna start a new member missionary work course. The stake president, Prez Johnson thought of it and we are pilotin it. We are gonna sit down with members and teach them the lessons and do things to get them excited about the work! So ill keep yall updated on that! And last is the CES fireside last night! It was incredible! We need to aline our will with Heavenly Fathers and make sure we have Righteous Actions with Pure Motives! I loved it.
Now one thing I want to invite yall to do. Go to lds.org and look up Hastening the Work. Go to the website and watch the 3 main videos! They are amazin! Its so pure revelation that we know have!! Its a great resource of member missionary work!

Well I hope that yall had a great Halloween! Ill tell yall ive already started listenin to Christmas music. Elder Mckinnon got me on it the day before Halloween so now im hooked haha but Hope yall have a great week! Remember to look for ways to serve love and be an example to the ONE! Thats all we need to look for is the one. Remember to be Happy this week! Love Yall!


Love Elder Hall:)

No comments:

Post a Comment