Sunday, November 3, 2013

Elder Jansen Hall - October 29, 2013

Hey Yall!

So this letter might be shorter than usual. I wasnt able to email yesterday because we had a zone activity and it got done later than i expected. But anyways this week has been really good. We still dont have any good investigators but we are tryin our best to find them. We have been tracting, hunting down less actives, workin with members a little, and tryin new ideas. Its kinda been hard because we literally are starting from ground zero. But its been really fun, I have enjoyed every day of it! As the title says changes, we have done a ton. 

This is me eatin a pigs tail.:)

Not only are we tryin to change with gettin new investigators, but also changin to be more obedient, changin the cleanliness of our apt, which I have made a goal to do at each apt for the rest of my mission, and changin ourselves. On Sunday Pesident Hanks talked with both me and Elder Bean individually. He told me how proud he was of what I had done with Elder Bean. Im still not sure of what they talked about, but really all I have done is tried to improve in bein more obedient and workin harder than I ever have. As a result of doin that I guess I have helped Elder Bean become better as well. I think thats a good lesson that we can all learn. As we want to do missionary work and improve others, sometimes we need to start by improvin ourselves then that can make in influence on others.

On Saturday we went to the Alabama game. Now dont worry we didnt go in and watch any of it. Well actually to be honest with yall, I saw more of the games in my last area then I have here. Even bein right outside of the stadium! Haha kinda crazy! But we walked around the stadium and whats called the "Quad" the entire game. We had written our number and a name that someone could look up on Mormon.org cards, and were gonna pass them out. Well as we went and walked around, I wanted to see if I could find some good people to talk to and give a card to. Well that plan didnt really work cuz most people there were as drunk as a sunk. If sunks are ever drunk i guess haha. But we actually did get to talk to 2 different people for about an hour each and teach them some things. They were sellin stuff at the game, and we also got to see other members of the church that lived in different cities in Alabama. Well by the end of the game I had passed out maybe 5 cards of like 50 that I had. So what I ended up doin was when people would walk by I would say "Roll Tide!", and hold out my hand with the card. The Usual response was they would start off with a big Roll Tide, then kinda fade out with confusion of why my hand was out. I would put the card in there hand and walk away. Haha i passed out about 55 cards like that and Elder Bean was kinda shy so he passed out about 3. But none the less it was good use of our time:)

Now last thing I wanna say real quick is that Presdent Hanks came and did a fireside. He did an awesome job and there were also some other tesimonies given. Well one was a girl named Shelby Brown she said about the gospel and missionary work, "If its (the gospel) something that means so much to you, then share it!" Its so true. If its something that we love and means a lot to us, why wouldnt we want to share it? Pres Hanks talked about how to effectily share the gospel. He said that people arent as interested in the doctrine of the gospel as they are the resuts of the doctrine. How we can change, or look like mormons. Where we go after this life. things like that. So remember to be a friend and show people how to live the gospel!

I hope that yall have a great week! Keep bein happy and lovin others! Being an example is so important!



Love Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment