Thursday, November 6, 2014

Elder Allison

Familia,
What a week!!! wowzers. the highlight of the week was for sure having Elder Clarke from the 70 here. I learned so much!!! And I know that i will be a much better missionary from the things that I learned!! He taught so much by the spirit, and I felt like everything he said I needed to hear so much, he is so inspired, it was the best!!!! 
Something that i really liked is when he was talking about how we need to find people to teach that "want to", and "Can" there is a lot of times here that we are teaching people that want to get baptized but for a specific reason (not married, husband wont let them, parents wont let them, work on sundays) they cant get baptized. and there are other times when they can get baptized but they are life long investigatores and just dont want to. He explained that there are too many missionaries that waste their time with these type of people. We need to start finding, and focusing on people that want to, and can. that was an interesting point, that we have been thinking about a lot!
This week we made a lot of progress with Angeles!!! She is so awesome!!! She came to church again this sunday and is way ready to get baptized, she just needs one more assistance. She invited a friend to church, that is in other ward boundries, and the friend liked church a lot also. She is great!!!!
Yesterday something pretty funny happened. So we were just walking in our neighborhood, with all the apartment buildings, and we turned one way, well from about 50 feet away across the street a lady yelled to us to come over, so we turned around and walked over to her. On our way over, I said to my comp, joking around "this lady is going to ask us how she can get baptized, my comp said, no she is going to ask us if we teach english classes." We cross the street to talk with the lady and her two little girls. and the first thing the lady says. "at what age do you get bapitzed in your church?" Us.  "when you turn 8 years old, why?" her." because my two twin daughters are going to turn 8 on November 15th." we talked with her for a little bit, apparently a long long long time ago she got baptized, but completly fell away from the church, and she told us that she wants her kids to live a different life than she has, and that she also has a 15 year old son, that she said only got baptized and never went to church, but that she wants us to come by and teach the family so that the kids can go to church and live a better life. That was pretty cool. We are really excited to go to their house this week and see, how we can help them out!! It was a cool experience!!! The lord is blessing us a lot, which is really neat to see!!
HALLOWEEN, here they celebrate dia de los muertos, and on the 1st of november there were SO many people dressed up, every one dresses up of terror people, and dead people, and witches, and scary stuff, I honestly missed a lot, super heros, and other fun less freaky stuff. That was one thing i miss about Utah. I was very tempted to take my "nerd" costum to the street, but i thought twice, remembering I am a missionary;) 
Saturday the sisters baptized Ester, it was really cool! She cant walk and cant move her legs or she is in a ton of pain, but is in a wheelchair. Me and my compainon along with the ward mission leader all helped her get baptized, my comp held her legs, our ward mission leader her body, and me, her shoulders, arms, and head. It only took 2 times to get it right and it was a very cool experience!! The ward mission leader and I pretty much had to carry her in and out of the fount which was not very easy, but all in all a very good experience. Ester has a daughter that is 11 and she didnt want to get baptized, she said that she is not ready, but after the baptism, and the special musical number that we sang (a different one....if you were wondering yes, go ahead and sign me up now for the voice, 2016.) it was very spiritual the whole service, the sisters put a baptismal date for this coming saturday and she said yes, so far so good, hopefully it will work out!!
Me and My comp carved our pumpkins and put them in our second story window, varios members of the ward really liked it and thought it was a clever idea. My comp really liked it!!! He only has 3 weeks left, 
I am a very happy camper, I got a package today, from the releif society!!! They were so awesome and very thoughtful, I thought it was a genius idea what the RS did, please thank them from my part, and i hope to be able to send off a letter soon. Lately its been almost impossible for me to find extra time, i really want to write to different people, to help them out, or show them my love, but i dont have time for anything almost. Even pdays arent really free, having to go to the offices, and what not each monday for the meetings. But i will try my very best. Just know I love EVERYONE SO MUCH!!!!!!! :) :) 
Thanks for all you do. Your the bestest!!!
Love Elder Allison
p.s. forgot to write. So on tuesday in the night Elder Clarke talked with all the stakes in the mission. So i got to see Cristian and his family, and also some people from my first ward. Cristian is thinking a lot about going on a mission. And his mom, told me that she is going to get baptized, she just wants to know a little more, also an investigator that me and my second compainon in my first ward taught is going to get baptized!!!!!! :) good stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment