Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Hey Family.
This was a really solid week. Starting everything off, was tuesday. My comp. and I taught the zone because it was first tuesday of the month, and we taught about the good samaritan :) I learned just how much I love that parabol!! It is quite great, and teachs a great lesson. After Tuesday I decided to memorize the parabol, and I am close to concoring it :) After leaving from the zone confrence we had to give the keys to the stake center back to the stake president. Well he works in the CCM!! So we went over to the entrance of the CCM, which is like 3 min. walking from the stake center, figuring that the high tech security guards wouldnt let us in, that we would have to call him, or leave the keys there. Well what do you know. One of the coolest blessings in our lives. The security guard let us in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He gave us visiting passes to wear around our necks. I felt like a rockstar!!!! It was so awesome. It is like a different world in there. It is HUGE!!! We had to find him, so me and my comp decided to "look really hard for him......" as we walked around "looking" for him, well yeah after about 15 min. of taking it all in and taking pictures of everything we finally headed over to the building he works in, and gave him the keys. There were a lot of missionaries walking around, and a few that looked at us like we were rockstars. It was pretty awesome!!!! We were very happy, I always wanted to go into the CCM, it was a dream of mine, and now that I have been just accross the street, I have had the desire even more. It was a true wish come true. Also it was my companions birthday on Tuesday I bought a mexican flag, and secretly had all the missionaries in the zone sign it, then we gave it to him at the end of the meeting, with cake, he was happy :) He only has two weeks left, and I am trying to help him be excited to keep working hard, until his last day.
On friday we had thee longest meeting of all time. it was from 9 in the morning until 6 in the afternoon. with a 45 min. lunch break. President made a lot of different changes in the mission. The best one, is that we are going to have 1 hour during every week to go to the church and use the computer to send emails to recent converts, less actives, investigators and members of wards that we have been in, to excite them, and to help them to stay active!!! That is way cool I think!!! 
I started a thankful journal. I got a tiny little booklet, and I am writting down every little thing that I am thankful for throught the day, It is really fun. I love it I feel more thankful always. Also about 3 weeks ago I finished my first journal, and am now on my second one. Sometimes it is very hard to write late at night, but I know that it will be good in the long run, and that future generations better like it!!! :) 
I got my hair...cut.... or chopped.... which ever one you want to say.... It looksreally funny. The guy cut it really short on the sides and in the back, and then it looks a tiny bit like a fluff ball on top.... thank heavens hair can grow back right??? To be completly honest it doesnt bother me. Its funny to laugh about.
On thursday, or friday not sure which, I had a cool experience. I wanted to reconfirm my testimony about joseph smith, so when we got home at night I started to read the joseph smith story in the scriptures, and after I read I got down on my knees and prayed then sat up and pondered. Well it felt like i was there for a while waiting for the answer, so i got back down on my knees and said another prayer I got back up and thought, then I felt a wonderful feeling, that I cant describe it was amazing, and I was very thankful for it. I have learned that even though we know something is true, it doesnt mean that we cant and shouldnt keep praying for a confirmation of that testimony. It is very important that we have a lot of spiritual experiences, because the hard days will come, and if we can lean on the spiritual experiences we will be able to remember, and know that this is the right path, and we can get through the tough times without falling away, which happens to so many people!!
Also I am learning a lot about Love, and service. These are the 2 bases that we should have as people and as members of the church. It is what Christ taught us, He has unconditional love for everyone. and he always served everyone. I am thankful for this opportunity to serve. I am learning lots, and I am learning each day to love more and more!!! :)
We went to the Lady that called us over in the street. wow. her little kids are crazy, it was very hard to teach because they have SOOOOOOOOO much energy. So we had to have other gameplans. We taught really simply, and we are going to teach with pictures next time. There son has 15 years, and he is really cool, he went to mutual on friday night and liked it a lot!!! We are going to see if he can come and do visits with us to get him excited about missionary work, because on sunday he brought his friend, and had an interview with the bishop, it was his first time going to church since he got baptized at 8 years old.
Also Dolores and her family including her husband came to church, and they stayed for the second hour. That was the first time it has happened with him. We got a lot of help from their son, that ran to his primary class as soon as sacrament ended, but what ever works right?? :)
I sent you guys a letter in the mail today, so hopefully it gets there soon. I love you guys so much. And am always so thankful for you, and your love. I hope you have a great week!!!!!
Love Elder Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment