Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hey Family,
There were quite a bit of cool-strange things that happened this week. I had litterally 25 or more comments on the new hair cut... A drunk guy hugged me late at night in the street... we ate pumpkin pie and cheese cake :))))... We got into the CCM again... I had to give a talk in stake confrence... and much more fun adventures. 
This week we focused a lot on gaining our personal testimonies of Joseph smith again. It was great. I read and really analized the whole joseph smith history. I love it so much, I truly have been learning so much, and strengthening my testimony a lot!!! I am so thankful for him!! And for the great sacrafice he made for us, to be able to have this church. 
We got into the CCM again. It was so great!! We had to take the keys to the stake president again. It is so amazing inside!!! There is a big difference once you walk in the gates, and when you leave to go back to the street!!! It is so beautiful also! Oh and guess who I saw when we were in the CCM?? My companion Elder Nogueda, the one who really trained me!! It was awesome! He finished about 3 months ago so that was cool to see him in there, he was there for his test, to see if he can get a job working there or not. 
The hair cut... wow, jajaja super funny stuff!! President when he saw me was making fun of me even. Saying that he would make sure to never go to that same hair cut store. I even said a prayer during the week that my hair could grow back a little faster, and it has a tiny bit, but is still pretty short on the sides.
The event of the week was during stake confrence. So apparently President Hall was going to give a talk in the stake confrence no.. Well about 3 min. before the confrence starts the 1st councilor in the stake presidency comes over to me and my comp. And said "President Hall was going to give a talk in the confrence, but he isnt here, if he doesnt make it, Elder Allison could you give a talk on missionary work about 5 or 10 min.." I immediatly started praying that President Hall would come. I said yes, and then we went out and called President. He didnt answer, so i franticly started to prepare for what I would say, and continued praying that president would come... well that prayer wasnt answered. I had a brief outline of what to say, but didnt have much time to really memorize the order in how I would say it, but i decided to trust that all would be well. I was really nervous. For one, speaking in stake confrence is extra sketchy, second not having any time to prepare, and third in spainsh. Crap... But I got up there, and started to talk, thankfully it is a topic I am passionate about, and I could talk from the heart. Unlike almost all of my talks I gave in english I actually had my head up about 90 percent of the time (maybe its because i didnt have time to write anything...) I truly felt the spirit guide me as to what to say. It was amazing, and i consider it a miracle for me. Also my spanish was really good, I know that the Holy Ghost helped me out a lot. I ended up saying just about everything I had planned to say, and a few other things that came to my mind during the talk. I know that I am developing some good attrabutes and I know one of them is talking infront of people. I had a lot of help from Heavenly Father, there is no doubt in my mind about that. When I got done, and got back to my seat, I felt a big releif, and was very thankful! All in all it was a good experience for me, but I think 1 is all that I want or need :)
This week we had a lot of spiritual experiences teaching about Joseph Smith. And it was great, we helped a lot of investigatores gain a testimony of him. 
On Sunday we went to the temple visitors center with The Rocha family. Dolores, her 3 kids, and her husband mario. It was very nice, especially because her husband came, and he is progressing. slowly progressing, but progressing.
Angeles, hasnt been able to assist the past two sundays :( she gets done working a long night shift at 5 or 7 in the morning sunday, and the tiredness has beaten her.. We are going to see what happens with her this week, but we are continuing to help her out, and she is just about ready for baptism. 
 I am so thankful for your support!! I love you all so much!!! Have the best week ever!!!
Love Elder Allison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment