Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Brad's 4th Week

This week has gone by super fast! I am still loving it!! It is awesome here! And yes there is a place that we like to eat! Panda Express is our favorite!
We are teaching a family of 10 and its going really good and I have been loving it! She works 3 jobs so its always hard to come across a good time to visit her! But that's okay! 
 
We have been teaching this kid named Ralph, he is 18 and he isn't a member! But he wants go on a mission! I told him you can only go on a mission if you become a member by being baptized! So he committed and he is going to be baptized! It's amazing that the things you say and do can really influence people that are watching you! But here is the sad thing! He is moving tomorrow and so we are going to have the other missionaries baptize him! So lucky them! Me and my comp brought him to the gates of the kingdom! All he has to do is be baptized to enter! I did that it was soo cool! 

I also was on my other e mail and saw that I had a message from Darren so I clicked on it and it was about 8 months old but it was a poem that really hit me! It can be used in so many ways! I have used it in a lesson and the family loved it!

This past Wednesday we were tracting and we came across this one lady whose husband just died and I was working on my door approach and I have never said this or would have thought to say this so I knocked on the door and this old lady answered and she had a tear in her eye, I then said "Hi my name is Elder Riley and this is Elder Heninger from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I felt inspired to come to your house to share with you a message that our Father in Heaven wants you to hear that is specific to your needs. She said she wasn't interested but I then said really quick as she was closing the door that we can be with our families forever even after we die!!
She opened the door again and said what do you mean? I said there is a plan that Heavenly Father gave to us so we can be with him again and our families! She then told me her husband died and where was he at? If she would see him again and we told her everything that she needed to hear! By the time we had to leave she told us I knew that you were true messengers!
 
So we are teaching her now so things are going great!

Elder Brad Riley

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment