Monday, January 12, 2015

1/12/2015



Dear Family,

Brilliant week yet again! A lot of zone planning that's for sure - and I mean a lot. Computer work galore, zone goals, MLC, DLC, and other trainings for our mission and Wandsworth Zone. 
London is getting colder and colder, mixed with a lot rain too, which makes missionary work miserable. Soaking and tracting is not fun!! 
Our week was solid. I had so much fun!! Spent the whole thing in Peckham, doing lots of contacting. Went out with a missionary from Lovell, Wyoming named Elder Mayes - man, he lived out there in the boonie didn't he? A town with a couple hundred people!! Wild. He is a strong woker. A lot of the Americans from small towns are solid missionaries - they know how to do missionary work!! 
We have been working a lot with our Cameroon investigator Boblou - he came to Church yesterday again too! Whoo! He needs one more week - but his baptism is right around the corner! Keep praying for him! 
Something I have cherished on my mission is the deep love I develop with each person we baptise, and the people I work with where our spirits just click with one another. For instance, we had a DA at Isata's home (our most recent convert) we had Casava rice and leaves - a great dish! But after spending some time with her, I walked out of the house with a huge smile on my face. Such great happiness filled my heart I couldn't help but smile!! I LOVE the people I have come in contact with - especially when you see them keep coming to Church and staying active! Such joy! 
I have grown a lot this week. The scriptures really strengthened me and showed me the better way. I have a 100% testimony that the scriptures are true and they do show you ' all things that ye must do' They contain the words of Christ. I have loved reading them, especially this past week - I'm a new person I feel! Such renewed strength that I know has only come from God. 
Great week - not too much happened, but still sooooo productive. The Wandsworth Zone is in good hands ;)
I keep having dreams about Jersey island!!! Ahhh, I miss that island sooooo much!!! I honestly almost cried thinking about all the great times I had there - from cycling everywhere, the cows, the ocean, the castles, the sunshine, the members!! Everything! Jersey island is written in my heart!! Just thought I would add that. Maybe we can all take a trip there in the summer after my mission?? :)
I love everything here and my mission. I love the gospel! I love being a missionary so much. I dont want to leave!! 
Have a great week!

Love, Elder Jackman

No comments:

Post a Comment