Monday, January 19, 2015

1/19/2015 - Elder Jackman



Dear Family,

Incredible week, one of the best weeks of my mission. We worked so hard, I'm so tired right now. We truly worked our guts out. We had the BAPTISM of BOBLOU!!!! Our Cameroonian investigator! He is amazing! Baptised him in 2 weeks flat!! Such a golden young man, so prepared and so humbled. He was a gift from God to us as missionaries. I think I've told you all this story before, but we did meet Boblou while we were contacting on Christmas Day giving out wrapped up Book of Mormons and 'He is the Gift' cards. He loved it so much and texted us the very next hour and wanted so bad to meet up. He wants to be a missionary so badly. We taught him everything and he soaked it all up like a sponge spiritually. After the baptism, he got up and bore his testimony. He now knows this is where he needs to be. He is currently trying to strudy PMG and submit papers eventually to serve a mission. Perhaps he will be a great leader in Cameroon, where there is oly small units there. He is such a great person, so humble. He was confirmed on Sunday, I did the confirmation, and blessed him that he would one day be a future missionary. It was powerful. Ah, this is what missionary work is ALL about!! Truly the best thing ever. All of our converts here in Peckham are doing so well! We have baptised 4 people in just a couple of months here and even President Millar and Sister Millar came to support and congratulate us. We are doing some great work here. Building up the Church here in London feels so accomplishing. 
This week was very cold and rainy too. I went on a powerful excahnge with the Clapham DL, and we had such fun together. We had a powerful exchange review - I taught about him serving with ALL his heart. And what that really meant.
He ended up having tears rolling down his eyes, and he applied that counsel. Now that counsel made him better and he accounted saying it was one of the best exhanges ever. It changed him! He's only got 2 transfers left, so I helped him the best I could to start now serve the best he could.
London is great. We are doing lots of finding 24/7 - we talk to everyone we can! We have had some crazy times doing it - people running up to us and flipping us off and getting right up to our faces! Scary stuff! But nothing we can't handle!
London is a concrete jungle. I haven't seen grass in ages haha. Always on a bus and tube and train or feet. So much travelling this week. We are so happy to hit the streets again - in fact, me and Elder Stephan (my mission trainer/dad) are going on exchange again in Peckham! Whooo!! 
This week I worked so hard. 
My testimony of the Saviour really increased. I was saying my nightly prayer and then felt inspired to read Alma 7: 11-13. It talks of how Jesus knows literally everything about you - even the deepest of heartaches. I burst into tears as I sat there in my study room late at night. Now the pages in my scriptures are all crinkled from my tears hahaha. But it felt nice and remind myself that Christ is my personal Redeemer. 
I know this with all my heart. I've applied it! It works and it can work for you too. My mission has changed me so much.

(Thanks to everyone for the gifts/letters they sent!!! :))

Love,


Elder Jackman

No comments:

Post a Comment