Monday, January 12, 2015

1/5/2015

Dear Family,

What a great week!! We are seeing SO much success here in Peckham! We had the wonderful chance to baptise our investigator, Isata, from Sierra Leone (West African) She is so special to me and we have a great relationship! She was one of our 'golden investigators' - baptised in less than a month! We were eating in a Sierra Leonian restatrant with a member, Bro. Kamara, (also from Sierra Leone) and he presented to us Isata, who was there - and wanted us to teach her! She was his aunt, they eventually found out! They were able to reunite as family in London. Funny how the Gospel works in that kinda way - This is what gives me complete joy! She was so solid the whole time and she asked me to baptise her :) Standing in the water with her was amazing too.
Many more baptisms to come about this month! 
Whilst contacting in Peckham, we met one of our other investigators! Boblou, from Camaroon (also West Africa) Boblou is such a tender mercy from the Lord. He's our 'Christmas miracle' - I approached him in the streets and gave him a wrapped up Book of Mormon and some candy to him and his friend. They loved it so much. He's on a student visa for a couple years here in England. We taught him the next day and he is SO golden. All he wants is to be baptised as soon as possible!! So we gave him a date for the 17th! Please pray for him!! Boblou only wants to serve God and wants so badly to serve a mission. He wants to do what we do. He's 23 and full of humility. We already love him to death. Again, the Lord continues to bless us continually here. We are working hard and staying 100% obedient and worthy. We are even giving an MLC (Mission Leadership Council) on 'Exact obedience' to all the mission and wrote an article for the mission newspaper thing. I've never been so on fire on my mission!!

Lots of busy work this week. It's the start of a new transfer here. I only have 5 more in total...Crazy how fast time flies. 13 out 17 transfers done with! Can you believe it?? Time needs to slow down! Well anyway, lots of planning for the new transfer ahead - like Zone Training's, DLC's, presentations, and so on. Plus, if I train a new ZL next transfer, I'll have to tackle zone goals and Stake Correlation pretty much by myself until the new one gets the hang of it!
A lot of new missionaries coming in this transfer, so new faces! Always fun to work with. 
So much fun this week - went out on tons of splits with the Kennington Spanish elders, talking in Spanish all the time haha or trying too - I seriously sometimes think I'm serving a Spanish speaking mission... Ate a lot of African food today - one that almost destroyed my throat with spicy and a lot of fufu too. I'm trying to keep my 6 pack but it's getting progressively tougher haha. 

Life is SO good! I love where I am. I have been really ill too this week - coughing up my lungs and sniffling a ton. I caught the flu on Monday last week, so that was hard on my body. The mission can tear you apart physically and make you look like absolute horror, but I'll come back victorious knowing I served the Lord valiantly. 

My testimony is growing so much - Ah, I can't begin to tell you my great experiences with the Atonement, the gospel, everything I have learned. God is good. 

Happy New Year everyone. Make this one dedicated to the Lord. Consecrate your lives to Him. 
:)

Love,

Elder Jackman

No comments:

Post a Comment