Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Elder Jansen Hall - January 21, 2014

Hey Yall!

I swear (Even though if anyone should not be swearin its a missionary, but im gonna do it anyway.) every week keeps goin by faster an faster and gets busier and buiser! I dont know how it does but every week its another suprise! This week has been full of rainy, sunny, freezin cold, warm days and everywhere in between. But cant complain none the less! Me and Elder Hullinger are gettin a long great! We have been happy and really doin a lot of work and helpin the area and ward progress! Again I forgot to take a pic with him but ill get it one of these days when i remember!

So now just a little about my week. It was pretty much a normal week, nothin to out of the ordinary happened. Which is actually a suprise seein that you can do a variety of things here in Alabama but from what I can remember nothin to fansy. We were able to have interviews with president Hanks this week as well. Mine went well, and can i just say that i love that man! He has done such great things for me. We have been teachin a ton this week which has been really good! We had swapped investigators with the sister missionaries and got to teach our new investiagtor Walter. The lesson was good, but it kinda was all over the place. We are plannin on teachin him more which is good. The 2 I wanna focus on a little bit is Mike and Carl.

So Mike, we were able to teach him a couple of times at the Lewis's home. He still has a ton of questions and we are tryin to get them all resolved. We had a cool experience with showin him one of the Joseph Smith movies. After we bore testimony that he was a prophet of God! The spirit was strong and i know he felt it. Know we just need to help him to not over analyze everythin which is kinda what he is doin. He was able to come to chruch on Sunday, and he loved it! It was our ward conference and Mike loved President Johnson, our stake president. Mike is a great guy and I love workin with him. He is commin along great! Slowly but surley.
The other investigator we have is Carl. O man, i dont even know where to start with carl. He is just so amazin. We were able to go over and teach him about the Plan of Salvation. He loved it. We then went over the next day, Saturday, and the ward had a service project for his aunt and helpin her make her house more safe and have less junk. We helped with the service then got to teach him afterwards. We were with our ward mission leader, and we taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith, repentance, baptism.... Those things. Then we wanted to talk to him about the word of wisdom and chastity just to make sure that he didnt have any problems with those and if he did we could help him with them. Well when we taught him those things and asked if he had any problem with them, he said the only thing he was doin was smokin. He went on to explain just a little about it. Well I had the impression to promise him that if he wanted to be baptized on the 25 of January, he could and would stop smokin immediately. Well as I thought about it I wanted to make sure it was the right thing to do. Then I got a spiritual confirmation to tell him. So I looked him in the eyes then asked, "Carl, do you want to be baptized on the 25th?" "Yes sir." He replied. "Well then if you have the faith that God will preform a miracle, I promise you that you and your body will no longer have the urge to smoke. Cigarettes will have a bad taste to you and you will no longer enjoy them." Right after that I asked if he would like a blessin. He told me yes, so me and my companion gave him a blessin. In the blessin, I told him some of the same things as well as other added blessins. We left and I felt good about what had happened and had hope for the future and put my trust and faith in God. Well the next day at church we were able to teach him again. I asked him what he did with the rest of the night and how the smokin was coming. He said, "Last night I went outside to go smoke. I started with a half a cigarette, right after I got done with that little tiny one there was a huge pinching feelin in my side, a very big cramp like i've never felt before. I became dizzy and hurt. I looked up to the heavens and told God that, that would be the last cigarette i would ever smoke. I only had one left, but crushed it up and threw it away. The next mornin one of my neighbors asked me if I wanted a smoke, and the very smell made me sick to my stomach." I was so happy to hear that! Heavenly Father really does know all of his children and their desires! He can really help us. The priesthood power that we have in our Church is real and we can preform miracles!

We are gonna do his baptism interview as well as a couple other ones for our district this week! I cant wait!:) That was the big thing for this week. This week we are goin on exchanges and again is another busy week. I wanna leave yall with one quote. "If you want things youve never had, you have to do things youve never done!" If you want new missionary experiences try new things. Dont be afraid of anything and you can do so many great and marvoulus things! I love yall so much and hope ya have a great week!! Remember to be Happy too:)

Love Elder Hall:)

O p.s. I wanna shout out to my awesome brother Isaiah! He is gonna be an amazin missionary and effect tons of lives!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment