Monday, January 27, 2014

Elder Jansen Hall - January 27, 2014




Hey Yall!

So I dont got to long to email this week. But its been one cold week here! Ive gotten used to it but no one else has hahaha everyone down here is freezin there tails off. But nothin to much other than that has changed. I want football season to come back so that this town will come back alive again! But this week was my one year mark! We had a celebration. The zone leaders came down and we had exchanges. One of my zone leaders, Elder Johnson, was in my MTC district so we got to be together and party on our one year day! Kinda fun. But we were on exchanges to do 2 baptism interviews. One was for a little girl down in another area, which i did. The other one was for our investigator Carl, Elder Johnson did that one. But it has been a great week!

My one year mark party! haha they were tryin to get me to drink the sparklin cider, but i cant have 
carbonation or caffine. I havent in 7 months and tryin not to for the rest of my mission. Lets just 
say it was brutally hard but i managed to come away successful in not drinkin it:)

Just a couple of highlights this week. One is that as im sure yall know the news with Grampa Hall and know he is partyin it up with the rest of our family, the big family reuinion in the spirit world! ha Just a little bit about that day and a really cool testimony buildin experience. That day we were super busy. I got the call from Pres Hanks around noon, and didnt have time to think about it to much. I was able to call home and talk with my family just for a minute. Then we had more apts. Then that night when everything started to settle down I was just thinking about Grampa, Khrii, Telaii, an just about family back home. Well after bein strong all day and tryin to not get emotional, i just broke down. I couldnt hold it in any longer. My comp came an sat down next to me and just put his arm around me. Then I asked if he would give me a priesthood blessin. So we got a chair, I sat down, and he asked if there was anythin that he would want me to say. I told him no, youll know what to say, just listen to the spirit. So as he put his hands on my head, immediately I felt the love and peace of the spirit! He hadnt even said anythin yet an i was already calmed down. It was the best feelin ever. Then he continued to give me a blessin. Everything he said was exactly what I needed to hear at that time. I did not want the blessin to end, but it did and we went on with our night. I again have a strong testimony of 1. Heavenly Father and how he knows an loves each and every one of us! 2. He loves us so much he gave us his priesthood power to bless each person on this earth. 3. Each male that holds the priesthood needs to be worthy and ready to be able to bless others. As we do that, all we need to do is simply place our hands on there head and Heavenly Father can do the rest!

The other highlight of my week happened on Saturday. We were able to perform a baptism for Carl! It went so dang well! Us and the sisters got to sing I know that My Reedemer lives, which helped me with the past events. Also our ward mission leader, Bro Posey conducted and kept tellin Carl that the veil was thin and angles from his family were there to watch him. Well i felt the exact same way with Grampa Hall! So onto the baptism. I had gone over everythin with Carl. Then we get down into the font, I say the prayer and as i try to get him to bend backwards he really didnt wanna go. So I had to then slowly force him under the water as he was fightin me back haha well i guess his elbow came up cuz we had to do it again. Well the 2nd time I thought to myself, im gonna get him under this time. So I said the prayer, then basically threw him under and threw him back up! He definalty went under haha everyone afterwards kept commenting like "man you really wanted him to go under. I saw him hit the floor." haha things like that. But the 2nd one was a lot smoother then the first time haha i just had a little more power into it. Which I actually felt like Grampa Hall was there helpin me the 2nd time to get him under. But none the less it was a great experience and felt so good after all the hard work that has gone into this area! The next day Sunday, we were able to confim him, the bishop did that, then in Elders quorum we gave him the Aaronic priesthood! I was able to give him that. But Its amazin to see the change in a persons life as they let it over to Christ and follow His gospel! After the baptism, Carl looked so much different. He looked happier and brighter and seemed to have more peace about him!

This is me, Elder Hullinger an Carl!:)
Well I just wanna say that the Lord is amazin! I tesify that through his Atonement we can be changed! Thats what the gospel is, a gospel of change. We dont need to judge others, but look for ways to serve them. I know that as we do simple things every day we can bring about a marvolus work and a wonder. We can help Christ in His work! It all starts now! "We dont need the faith to move mountains, just the faith to move our covers in the morning." Jack R Christensen. Just do little things every day and youll be so happy! I love yall! Hope yall have a great week!


Love Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment