Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Brad's Six Month Mark

Hi All:

(I asked Brad a few questions and these are his answers). (What do you do when the members are home where you live?)  We stay in our room pretty much which we don't really like.  It's really good when they're gone.  We only have one shelf in their refrigerator so we don't buy much at any time.  Elder Fuller really likes fast food so I guess it's a good thing I'm on a bike so I can work off the food that we eat and thank heavens for the dollar menu haha!!  He especially like McDonalds. Me not so much.  

This week has started off slow Elder Fuller was sick last P day and so we had to stay in all day but I got to exercise the Priesthood because he asked for a blessing and after I did he fell asleep and when he woke up he was feeling really well and it was an awesome experience! 

It's has kinda been a slow week!   We were able to talk to alot of people that were nonmembers and I tried something totally different. Elder Fuller and I had a street meeting and we got to stand up on the edge of the fence and preach the gospel! haha It worked out really well! I was kind of scared at first but then I was calm and said what needed to be said! We are really working with the members and try to get them to actually work with their friends that are less actives so that's slowing starting to roll! I'm sorry that this weeks letter is really short but its been kind of a relaxed week! We both have colds and are both pretty weak! I'll will let you know if anything really interesting comes up!

(This is a letter Brad sent to me for my lesson on the Atonement.  I thought I'd share it with you.)

The atonement is amazing.  It has helped me in my life so much especially because I made a lot of really dumb mistakes and dumb choices.  But that is why we have the Atonement.

The Atonement means a lot to me and it should mean a lot to you. There have been many times in my life when I didn't think about what the Atonement even meant, but now that I have really been studying it, I now know and have a stronger testimony of it.  God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son.  What Christ did for us was amazing.  He bled through every pore.  The pain was so great that there was a moment when Christ didn't want to go on, but he did it for us out of love so that we can return and live with Him.  

We all do dumb things, but that's why we have the Atonement so we can repent.  Why would Heavenly Father send his Son to die for us and we don't even use it? So use it!!

I love the Atonement.  It has changed my life and I have seen how it changes other people's lives and how it has blessed them.  

I love this gospel and I love having the opportunity to serve our loving Heavenly Father.  I have learned so much and have been very, very humbled.  I love the work.  It's hard but I love it.  Press forward . . .

Love you guys

-Elder Riley-

No comments:

Post a Comment