Monday, March 10, 2014

Elder Isaiah Williams - March 10, 2014

New week new things :)

It has been another great week here in Elgin, Illinois. Birds are chirpin, my feet are hurtin, and the snow is finally melting! Haha it's finally starting to warm up! It is about time!!! Missionary work goes along much smoother when the sun is shining. I don't know what the cold does to people hearts, but It makes them cranky 24/7. The high have been getting in the 40's and the low has been in the 20's. That's good enough for me though, I won't complain. Cause as soon as I complain a snowstorm from somewhere will hit. Always seems to happen. This past Saturday is the first Saturday it hasn't snowed since I got here. Hopefully that's OVER!
   
The members here are great! They remind me of people back at home. They take care of us and all our needs which is awesome. I think that's why I'm not homesick at all. Haha we are in a car share, so every other week we depend on the members to take us places. I feel bad most of the time cause I hate asking people (who aren't my family) for things. I feel like they get annoyed with us and why members aren't motivated to drive us around. What can we do as missionaries to make the members not feel burdened!??? I had my first greeny meal haha the Sowa family made me and my companion dinner and dyed it green
hahaha it was pretty funny. There's lots and lots of diversity here which I love. Lots of Filipinos, Hispanic, and Polish people. I love getting to know different people and learning about what different cultures do, how they live, and mostly what and how they eat! The Filipino culture loves rice and meat! They cook sticky rice, pinch it with their fingers along with some chicken, dip it in Filipino ketchup, called mang thomas, it's brown, and it's dang good. I don't want to say that I have a favorite family cause I love all the families here but I click best with the Payo family. Its none stop laughing when we go to their house, no joke. This past week they made me eat Belot, it's fertilized duck egg! I'll send some pictures of it. There's a video of me eating it as well. They take a picture of it and put it on the wall of fame in their kitchen! Go to an Asian store and buy Belot, boil it for 10-15 min, than yum yum yum yum. It's delicious. Haha
   
My p-days are pretty good. We get up at 6:30 still. But that's no problem. We work out until 7:15, shower, put laundry in at 8, and study and do laundry for about an hour. Shop and get groceries. Then we hit up (go to) other places and find cool stuff! We go to thrift shops, antique places, Salvation Army, and good will. I call of them DI and people look at me like I'm dumb. I've gotten a few toys. :) hehe I bought an old blow dart gun. I'll send it home whenever I get in trouble. After wee do that we go to the church. Our mission president has said that we can email as long as we want. Well until 6. Which is cool, lots of missions don't do that. We have wi-fi in our church. So we play sports and email. That's basically it. It's a good day. :)
   
Anyways, the mission is awesome. I'm staying busy and staying true to the faith! I'm Inviting others to come unto by helping them receive the restored gospel through having faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism and recieving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end! You can do the same!!!
    
From now on I'm going to end with a spiritual thought so you guysdon't think I'm goofing off out here lol :)

D&C 4:5-6
  ^       ^
These attributes are Christlike attributes. Those attributes are what we are here on earth to learn and apply in our lives. And everyone has the capability to do so. If you are not applying those attributes in your life, then you should start. And watch how your life change. :) the gospel of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring) is a process! So don't judge yourself to hardly. :) just have a self evaluation every here and there to see where your at. ;) love you all!!! :)


-Baptizing Like Cray Cray

No comments:

Post a Comment