Monday, March 31, 2014

TRANSFERS AGAIN- BRAD RILEY

Hey guys!

So this week went by quickly especially because transfers are today! I get a new companion and am going to a new area.  I'm going to Middleton, Idaho.  I am trying to zone out what people have told me about him... so trying to keep and open mind.  This week was good.  We had some time to do some service for an investigator and we went to his house and pulled out some carpet.  We asked him if he needed any help with anything else and he said that he didn't, but I didn't believe him, so I asked again and so he said he has 4 trees that need to chopped and the stumps pulled out! So we did that and I rebuilt the carburetor on his riding lawn mower and cleaned it so it would run properly! This man's name is Chuck Manly and he is awesome. He is not sure about going to church and big crowds and so we were almost there and then we get transferred! But Brother Manly gave me a nick name (Paul Bunnion) he says I could swing an ax a 1000 times before I get tired haha.  I pulled the stumps out like they were nothing! Well it helps that where the trees were planted was in the sand so it came out nice and easy! 

We were able to get 3 families to come to church yesterday and all of them were non-members.  It was so nice to be able to come and see what we do during is helping church activation and the best part was it was fast and testimony meeting so hopefully they felt the Spirit! 

On Saturday we had a baptism and her name was Jia Jia.   Her dad baptized her.  It was really cool to see because he has been waiting for this to happen to his family for a few years and now she is baptized and they will be getting sealed as a family next week! You know that is one of the best moments as a missionary, ya its nice to see them get baptized... but that's only the first step! The second step is getting them to the temple to be sealed as a family forever and all eternity! That is one of the greatest moments in a missionaries life! You know you helped change their life.

Conference is coming up and I am excited to watch it because I missed the last one! So I am excited to see what will be said and how it will change the view on some things I'm sure! Hopefully they will say something about the women who want the priesthood and will be put in their place. I don't think their head is in the right place! haha

Well I gotta go but I will talk to you guys next week! see ya:)

love,
Elder Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment